October 13th, 2011
October 11th, 2011
Shows are back for the fall! You know what that means, new plot twists, new drama, new jokes, new awesomeness, new terribleness. How do they stack up against each other? Here is my humble opinion from worst to best.
10. America’s Next Top Model - I of all people was really excited for an All-Star season but this one has been pretty boring. This show just might need to get cancelled already.
09. Happy Endings - This show is such a throw away. It’s funny and I like it but it pales in comparison to Modern Family and Suburgatory that come before it. I’m glad this show got picked up for a second season but not at the expense of Cougar Town. I know for a fact if they didn’t push Cougar Town to midseason it would be topping my list. That show is pretty awesome. This show doesn’t even compare.
08. Grey’s Anatomy - Bored. I stopped watching a couple seasons ago and caught up this summer. Not sure why though. I’ve never been more bored in my life. They think they got the formula down and they’re relying on that way too much.
07. Glee - I’m so not into this season right now. It’s more ridiculous than ever. I’m one of Glee’s loudest supporters and I’m just bored.
06. Gossip Girl - It seems to me that all these kids went from being college kids to grown ups over the summer. They are supposed to going into their Junior year and no one has even mentioned it. They’ve been too busy getting real jobs, planning their wedding or getting pregnant. I’ll always watch this show because I love it but something needs to happen. I’m so bored.
05. How I Met Your Mother - This season is slow to start up but there have been som really funny jokes so far. I’m excited to see them delve deeper into the Mother mystery. Still one of my favorite shows on TV.
04. Modern Family - Unlike last season, this season came to kicking start. After a slump-ish sophomore season they’re back to being hilarious. I could easily switch HIMYM and Modern Fam in their ranks on an episode basis but based on this week, this is where I stand.
03. Community - Always funny. Always perfect. This is the best comedy on TV right now. (We’ll see if that changes when Cougar town comes back)
02. Dexter - SO GOOD. ALWAYS. And Colin Hanks is so creepy. I don’t understand how people don’t watch Dexter. Such a good show.
01. The Vampire Diaries - The best show on TV right now. Hands down. I don’t even need to elaborate. It’s just that good.
So there are a ton of new shows on the air and now that most of them have been through the three episode test I’m going to rate the ones I decided to watch! I’m going to go in descending order from worst to best!
11. The Playboy Club - It’s cancelled anyway - but it was really slow to start and trying WAY too hard to be Mad Men. It was actually starting to get kind of good (relatively) when it got the axe. It just suffered from a contrived pilot and an asshole of a leading man. Amber Heard is a star in the making though. I’ve been saying she’s a baby ScarJo since that unfortunate CW show Hidden Palms (and when I say unfortunate, that doesn’t mean I didn’t love it. Last time I checked it was instant on Netflix, check it out). She’s in a movie with Johnny Depp, she’ll be a silver screen vixen any day now. She won’t even remember doing The Playboy Club.
10. Charlie’s Angel - There’s really nothing good about this show. The acting is terrible, the plot is too serious. The only breath of fresh air is Minka Kelly. But all that said, I like it. But I’m a sucker for a show all about girl power. I call it the Spice Girls syndrome.
09. 2 Broke Girls - It’s sort of funny. It’s REALLY CBS. And not like good HIMYM/Big Bang CBS. Not sure how I feel about it. Unsurprisingly I think the blonde chick is a riot but I can only stomach so much of Kat Dennings. She’s been on my list since the days of Charlie Barlett. I just sort of hate her and I can’t get over it.
08. Pan Am - This show started out really promising. It had an awesome cast, a cool premise and offered insight into something new. But the actual plot has gotten a little too convoluted too soon. And not to be shallow but there is just not enough ship fodder for my liking. The only relationships that have even been explored are boring.
07. Suburgatory - This show is pretty funny. It’s really ridiculous but in the best way possible. They clearly were trying to make the main character an “Emma Stone,” type and they succeeded. I’m still on the fence but I think I’ll end up really liking this. Not sure if it will last though.
06. Ringer - This was really slow to get into and requires a lot of attention and commitment from the audience. That being said I’m so into it. It has successfully reigned me in. And we all know I love SMG. The cast is fabulous and I’m still in that awesome stage where I can’t predict anything that’s going to happen. Love it.
05. New Girl - This show is pretty delightful. The cast is great. I totally get the humor. I can really relate to Jess. Very few have had bad things to say about this show, so there’s not much more for me to add.
04. Hart of Dixie - I am a sucker for a good, fluffy CW show. That is my jam. Add OC alum Rachel Bilson to the mix and I’m sold. This show is pretty funny and I already care about all the characters. It’s three episodes in and I’m already looking forward to it every week.
03. The Secret Circle - You already know that I think the Vamp Diaries is one of the best shows on TV right now. If not THE best. It’s the only show I go out of my way to watch live on most occasions. Well The Secret Circle is just like that show, but the witches can be any race (I think). Plus I’m a huge fan of Britt Robertson. We all know I loved Life Unexpected. This show is creepy, awesome, sexy and suspensful. It’s exactly like TVD without that awkward shitty phase. Watch it if you aren’t already!
02. Up All Night - Will Arnett, Christina Applegate…Need I say more? Probably not, but I will. This show is just so fucking hilarious. They make a great couple. They have great chemistry together. They remind of real life people and I love it! Favorite comedy on TV right now. If you’re not watching this show, you’re doing it wrong.
01. Revenge - This show so juicy! I love being in on Emily’s plot to take down everyone in high society in the Hamptons. It’s so good. I look forward to it the most every week. Plus it takes place on Long Island. Got to represent!
October 4th, 2011
October 3rd, 2011
This is what the cast of Arrested Development looks like in 2011. What will they look like when they begin shooting new episodes in summer 2012?
Something to think about as you watch video of Mitchell Hurwitz describing the gameplan.
Word is their comeback is possible at Showtime, where their current president is David Nevins, former president of Imagine TV and executive producer on…take a deep breath now…Arrested Development.
September 19th, 2011
Why does Facebook want me to subscribe to Myspace Tom? And why do I have two friends that do?
There were some surprises, it was entertaining overall, and I’m really into award shows as it is, so it’s whatever.
And then there’s the dresses.
What did you guys think?